Red light means a whole lot more than just following traffic rules these days thanks to red light therapy, an alternative treatment therapy with astronomical origins and potential.
What Exactly is Red Light Therapy?
Red Light Therapy is a therapeutic treatment of various medical concerns by stimulating the body’s natural defences through using red tinted light. The foundation of the therapy lies in nature and how natural light from the sun provides the body with myriad benefits. Among the colors of the spectrum of sunlight, red light helps activate adenosine triphosphate (ATP) found in muscle tissues, which generates more energy for use. It also increases the production of collagen which works to fill in fine lines and wrinkles in the treated areas. Commonly employed methods of red light generation are LED-equipped devices of varied intensities which are held over the patient and hovered in areas where the light needs to be focused, be it for anti-aging or pain relief such as over the forehead in cases of a migraine.
The most popular items
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Garcia, Gabi (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- BENEFICIAL WAVELENGTHS: Wavelengths in the mid 600 & mid 800 nanometer range have been found to be particularly beneficial to the human body. The HG24 emits two specific wavelengths, 660nm (Red) and 850nm (NIR) in equal proportions to deliver the perfect combination of light therapy. Red light is best for superficial (surface) skin treatments, as it does not penetrate as far into the skin, while near infrared is best for deep tissue, muscle, and joint treatments because it penetrates deeper.
- HIGH POWER OUTPUT: Power output, also known as irradiance, measures power output per area and is usually measured in milliwatts per square centimeter. The Hooga HG24 delivers a high irradiance of atleast 80 mw/cm2 at the surface, and about 60mw/cm2 at a distance of 6 inches, which results in quick and effective treatment times.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE: The HG24 Red Light Therapy Handheld device allows you to take your red light therapy with you wherever you go. We love our large, high powered panels but they can be bulky and heavy to transport with you on the go. The HG24 weighs less than 2 pounds and takes up only a small area, so it's easy to bring your red light therapy with you on the go.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Alber, Diane (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Jones, Elizabeth (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- New Choice to get rid of joint and muscle pain effectively and quickly. RD100 emit 660nm pure LED light which could penetrate deep into the human tissues, improve cell vitality and regeneration ability, promote blood circulation to get your pain relief.
- Safe and Reliable. Red light therapy doesn't cause harmful side effects compare to the reliever drugs.It assist your body recover natrually. Imagine a minor rehabilitation exercises happening in the irradiation position.
- Good Quality and Cost-Effective. 2600mW,50000+ hours LED, UL listed Li-ion battery.Low wattage but high performance. Only pay 1$ for 1 year utilization. 4.Protective glasses,2 18650-2600mA Li-ion battery, smart charger and portable bag included.
- Supplement, correct, or enhance an LED grow environment with 12W of 660nm red light. Promotes flowering / bloom and bud growth.
- Pulls a true 12W of power at the wall. Produces as much light as what other sellers are calling 24W.
- 50,000+ hour service life, 3-year manufacturer's warranty, assembled in the USA.
- PROVEN WAVELENGTHS: Different wavelengths of light are measured in nanometers. Wavelengths in the mid 600 and mid 800 nm range have been found to be particularly beneficial to the human body. Our red light therapy device emits two specific wavelengths, 660nm (Red) and 850nm (NIR) in equal proportions to deliver the perfect combination of light therapy. Red light is best for skin treatments, while NIR is best for deep tissue treatments due to the differences in their ability to penetrate.
- HIGH IRRADIANCE: Irradiance measures power output per area and is measured in milliwatts per square centimeter. The gold standard in red light therapy is 100mw/cm2 at the surface of the device. The Hooga HG300 delivers an irradiance of higher than 100 mw/cm2 at the surface, and about 80mw/cm2 at a distance of 6 inches, which results in quick and effective treatment times. The beam angle of the 60 LEDs is 60 degrees.
- CUSTOMIZED TREATMENTS: The HG300 is equipped with two power switches. The first power switch allows the user to turn on the 30 Red (660nm) emitting LEDS while the second power switch allows for the user to turn on the 30 NIR (850nm) LEDS. This allows the user to customize their treatment experience and receive either red, near infrared, or both wavelengths. The panel also features a whisper quiet internal fan that dissipates heat and ensures the unit does not overheat.
- Advanced Antioxidant Serum - An indispensable nutrient for collagen production, vitamin C synergistically blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E in this advanced formula designed to target the most common signs of aging including brightness, firmness, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots & sun spots.
- THE DIFFERENCE in skin treated with TruSkin Vitamin C Serum is striking. See thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers below rave about brighter, fresher looking skin, improved tone and clarity, smaller pores, less breakouts, fine lines and dark spots.
- Plant Based Formulation - Free of synthetic color additives, fragrance, and stabilizers, dynamic active botanicals like Aloe Vera, MSM, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Witch Hazel and organic Jojoba oil combine in a silky smooth serum that can be used day or night.
- PROMOTE BLOOD CIRCULATION: Most of the energy of infrared rays is absorbed by the skin and converted into heat energy, which causes the skin temperature rise. thereby improving blood circulation.
- RELIEVE PAIN IN ALL PARTS OF YOUR BODY: If you have muscle ache, joint pain in the legs, back, knees, shoulders, elbows, lumbar muscle strain, cervical soreness,etc. This will be your good choice. You only need to illuminate for dozens of minutes every day to relieve your pain and discomfort and refresh your daily life.
- INCREASE METABOLISM: If there is a metabolic disorder in your body, dysfunction will occur in your body , causing harm to the body. Our infrared bulb can improve blood circulation. And the infrared heat effect of the infrared lamp has the effect of relieving pain.
- PROVEN WAVELENGTHS: Different wavelengths of light are measured in nanometers (nm). Wavelengths in the mid 600 and mid 800 nm range have been found to be particularly beneficial to the human body. The HG1000 Red Light Therapy Panel emits two specific wavelengths, 660nm (Red) and 850nm (NIR) in equal proportions to deliver the perfect combination of light therapy. Red light is best for skin treatments, while NIR is best for deep tissue treatments.
- HIGH IRRADIANCE: Power output, also known as irradiance, measures power output per area and is usually measured in milliwatts per square centimeter. The gold standard in red and near infrared light therapy devices is 100mw/cm2 at the surface. The Hooga HG1000 delivers a high irradiance of atleast 100 mw/cm2 at the surface, and about 80mw/cm2 at a distance of 6 inches, which results in quick and effective treatment times.
- CUSTOMIZED TREATMENTS: The HG1000 comes equipped with two power switches. The first power switch allows the user to turn on the 100 Red (660nm) emitting LEDS while the second power switch allows for the user to turn on the 100 NIR (850nm) LEDS. This allows the user to customize their treatment experience and receive either red, near infrared, or both wavelengths. The panel also features a whisper quiet internal fan that dissipates heat and ensures the unit does not overheat.
- RED LIGHT 630nm: It can reach derma to stimulate fibre cells and help improve blood circulation and collagen albumen hyperplasia to reduce wrinkles and make skin more elastic and smooth.
- 40 RED LED BULBS: For most effective photon rejuvenation, skin collagen and elastin boost to achieve firm and smooth skin texture.
- 2 MODES: Continuous mode provides a constant light energy that lasts for 10 minutes. Pulse mode provides short specific pulse of light energy.
how does red light therapy work ?
Red and near infrared light stimulates cell respiration and increases energy production.
Our cells need natural light for normal functioning, just as they need water, vitamins and nutrients from food.
All living things use natural light to function and survive fully, and almost all living things use natural light daily for biochemical processes in cells to generate energy. We humans create this energy every second in a process called cellular respiration, and red and near infrared (NIR) light play a major role in this important process.
Unfortunately, in modern living conditions, humans do not receive as much natural light as is necessary for optimal health. Urban dwellers spend more than 90% of their time indoors and experience a huge lack of sunlight. That is why urban residents suffer from diseases of the “city”: depression, chronic fatigue, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, insomnia.
The therapy with red light allows to supplement scarce light received from the environment with a powerful light flux of red and near infrared light waves at home.
The wavelength of natural red light reduces oxidative stress, has an anti-inflammatory effect, improves circulation and improves the function of mitochondria – energy stations of the cell where energy is produced.
What’s NASA Got to do With It?
Red light therapy
was derived from NASA light technology that was intended for
experimental plant growth in space shuttle missions. It turned out that
the far red or near infrared light, when used in a treatment NASA called
High Emissivity Aluminiferous Luminescent Substrate (HEALS), helped
alleviate a very painful side effect of radiation and chemotherapy on
cancer patients. The space agency ran a two-year trial that resulted in
an encouraging 96% probability that reduced pain in cancer patients
suffering from side effects of their treatment benefitted from HEALS.
Pain relief was just the first step, however. As red light therapy grew to become a new health, wellness, and alternative treatment trend, enthusiasts have been discovering a lot of benefits and healthy advantages to the bright idea. NASA’s experiments showed that red light helped reduce pain because it helped promote healing. They were also quick to note that the therapy could also help in areas like better nutrition and morale for the patients undergoing treatment. The more obvious advantages also make this form of light therapy very attractive: it is non-invasive, has no associated stigmas, and could help alleviate stress like walks in the sunshine.
But Wait, is There Science Behind All Its Beneficial Claims?
Light therapy has been in use for quite a long time – it even outdates modern medical theory. Natural sunlight provides all its benefits because it is a full spectrum of light colors all rolled up into one. To better illustrate natural light’s health benefits, let us look at Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or winter depression.
SAD, while aggravated by stress and emotional pressure, is a seasonal depression triggered by lack of sunlight in winter. The obvious prescription is light therapy. For SAD, natural sunlight or emulated light therapy through a lightbox is best – both provide the full spectrum of white light. Red light therapy singles out red from the spectrum for its particular benefits.
Critics point out that there is no hard evidence to support red light therapy’s efficacy. Not yet, that is. NASA has proven that red light through HEALS works for healing wounds and reducing pain for cancer patients. Thousands of enthusiasts and practitioners of red light therapy are finding out more.
From Acne to Aging
With the amount of anecdotal evidence and testimonials circulating in the web, all that remains is to scientifically prove that red light is an anti-aging and an anti-acne therapy. ATP is not the only substance red light stimulates – it also promotes collagen, with the added bonus of clearing out clogged skin pores.
Acne loses two footholds against red light therapy, while aging and its damage on the skin are also dealt with efficiently with evident effects. With the ATP and collagen production levels boosted, among other benefits, red light is touted to reduce pain, help with better nutrition, increase morale, prevent and heal acne, and fight aging.
Better yet, red light does all this without a tinge of ultraviolet radiation. As mentioned earlier, the red light used in the therapy is far red or near infrared – infrared and ultraviolet light is directly harmful to the human body.
Bathing in Red Light
So how does a session of red light therapy go? Duration of therapy sessions depends on the health issue being addressed. The repetition of sessions and the intervals between cycles are also dependent on the severity of the concern. In general, practitioners tend to carry out 2 to 5 minute sessions where the LED equipment is held near the areas of concern between regular intervals for a certain length of time.
Red light therapy may still be in its developmental stages, but it already has a lot going for it in terms of being an alternative therapy with a potentially solid scientific foundation. We are sure to hear much more about it in the future, and probably not just in the areas of anti-aging and pain relief.