Red light means a whole lot more than just following traffic rules these days thanks to red light therapy, an alternative treatment therapy with astronomical origins and potential.
What Exactly is Red Light Therapy?
Red Light Therapy is a therapeutic treatment of various medical concerns by stimulating the body’s natural defences through using red tinted light. The foundation of the therapy lies in nature and how natural light from the sun provides the body with myriad benefits. Among the colors of the spectrum of sunlight, red light helps activate adenosine triphosphate (ATP) found in muscle tissues, which generates more energy for use. It also increases the production of collagen which works to fill in fine lines and wrinkles in the treated areas. Commonly employed methods of red light generation are LED-equipped devices of varied intensities which are held over the patient and hovered in areas where the light needs to be focused, be it for anti-aging or pain relief such as over the forehead in cases of a migraine.
The most popular items
- Garcia, Gabi (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 34 Pages - 07/23/2017 (Publication Date) - Skinned Knee Publishing (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Alber, Diane (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- PROVEN WAVELENGTHS: Different wavelengths of light are measured in nanometers. Wavelengths in the mid 600 and mid 800 nm range have been found to be particularly beneficial to the human body. Our red light therapy device emits two specific wavelengths, 660nm (Red) and 850nm (NIR) in equal proportions to deliver the perfect combination of light therapy. Red light is best for skin treatments, while NIR is best for deep tissue treatments due to the differences in their ability to penetrate.
- HIGH IRRADIANCE: Irradiance measures power output per area and is measured in milliwatts per square centimeter. The gold standard in red light therapy is 100mw/cm2 at the surface of the device. The Hooga Charge delivers an irradiance of higher than 100 mw/cm2 at the surface which results in quick and effective treatment times even out to distances as far as 18 inches. The beam angle of the LEDs is 30 degrees.
- PORTABLE & RECHARGEABLE: The Charge is equipped with a rechargeable lithium ion battery which allows for red light therapy treatments on the go. Furthermore, the device features both red and near infrared LEDs which equates to the perfect combination of wavelengths for optimal treatments for both superficial/topical treatments as well as deep tissue treatments.
- VOTED #1 BEST OVERALL MUSCLE RUB FOR 2019 BY BUSINESS INSIDER – Apply Penetrex anywhere you experience Pain including your Back, Neck, Knee, Hand, Foot, etc... Penetrex is recommended for use on its own -AND- is safe to use in conjunction with complementary therapies such as Heating Pads, Ice Packs, Arthritis Gloves, Back Pain Massagers, Tennis Elbow Straps, Carpal Tunnel Braces, Fibromyalgia Supplements, Neuropathy Socks, Sciatica Cushions, Tendonitis Supports, Bursitis Braces, etc.
- OVER 2 MILLION CLIENTS WORLDWIDE – Sufferers in over 100 Countries have now discovered this Breakthrough Formulation. Just 2 or 3 years ago Penetrex was truly The “Best Kept Secret” in Pain Relief. The WORLD now knows about this amazing formulation. Penetrex frequently becomes Back-Ordered...DON’T WAIT! Order your supply of Penetrex TODAY!
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE – Your Penetrex Purchase & Complete Satisfaction is Unconditionally Guaranteed by Biomax Health Products, Inc. If you are less than 100% Satisfied with Penetrex for ANY reason, we sincerely urge you to take advantage of our "No-Hassle", "No Questions Asked", "No Time Limit" Refund Policy. Simply call our U.S. based Customer Service Team at (858) 356-5980 and your Refund will be processed quickly and respectfully. "Pain-Free Results or a Pain-Free Refund."
- [11 pack Resistance Bands ]: 11 PCS Fitness tension ropes set: Including 5*pcs elastic bands: Black(30 lbs), Blue(25 lbs), Red(20 lbs), Green(15 lbs), Yellow(10 lbs). 2*pcs handles
- [Excercise Bands ]: Renoj can apply to different types exercise.Perfect for toning your arms,shoulders, chest, glutes, legs etc. Also comes with convenient travel pouch.You can also take your bands to Gym, Office, and even workout on vacation!
- [Highest Quality Materials]:Resistance band is made of natural latex is kind to the environment. Strong wear resistance and perfect elasticity, steel metal buckle for stronger strength, non-slip handle, comfortable and absorbent.
- Pull out a block without crashing the stack to win at Jenga
- Includes 54 Jenga hardwood blocks, stacking sleeve with instructions
- Simple, solid, and timeless
- Classic Connect 4 game is disc dropping fun
- Choose yellow or red discs. For 2 players
- When you get 4 discs in a row you win
- safety warning: For external use only. When using this product do not get into eyes. Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days. Do not use on deep puncture wounds, animal bites, and serious burns. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- directions: Mederma PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream should be evenly applied and gently massaged into the scar once nightly until fully absorbed for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma PM as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.
- DIFFERENT COLOR ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE BANDS: Yellow (10 lbs.), Blue (20 lbs.), Green (30 lbs.), Black (40 lbs.), Red(50 lbs.).All exercise bands are 36" in length, and can be used alone stacked in any combination to a maximum equivalent of 150 lbs.
- MULTIFUNCTION & PORTABLE: Our bands can apply to different types exercise.Perfect for toning your arms,shoulders, chest, glutes, legs etc. Also comes with convenient travel pouch!
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS: Resistance band is made of natural latex is kind to the environment. Strong wear resistance and perfect elasticity, steel metal buckle for stronger strength, non-slip handle, comfortable and absorbent.
- Clinically shown to improve the overall appearance, color, and texture of scars
- The ONLY 1x daily topical gel making it one of the most cost effective products available
- Works for many types of scars, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries
- RED LIGHT 630nm: It can reach derma to stimulate fibre cells and help improve blood circulation and collagen albumen hyperplasia to reduce wrinkles and make skin more elastic and smooth.
- 40 RED LED BULBS: For most effective photon rejuvenation, skin collagen and elastin boost to achieve firm and smooth skin texture.
- 2 MODES: Continuous mode provides a constant light energy that lasts for 10 minutes. Pulse mode provides short specific pulse of light energy.
how does red light therapy work ?
Red and near infrared light stimulates cell respiration and increases energy production.
Our cells need natural light for normal functioning, just as they need water, vitamins and nutrients from food.
All living things use natural light to function and survive fully, and almost all living things use natural light daily for biochemical processes in cells to generate energy. We humans create this energy every second in a process called cellular respiration, and red and near infrared (NIR) light play a major role in this important process.
Unfortunately, in modern living conditions, humans do not receive as much natural light as is necessary for optimal health. Urban dwellers spend more than 90% of their time indoors and experience a huge lack of sunlight. That is why urban residents suffer from diseases of the “city”: depression, chronic fatigue, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, insomnia.
The therapy with red light allows to supplement scarce light received from the environment with a powerful light flux of red and near infrared light waves at home.
The wavelength of natural red light reduces oxidative stress, has an anti-inflammatory effect, improves circulation and improves the function of mitochondria – energy stations of the cell where energy is produced.
What’s NASA Got to do With It?
Red light therapy
was derived from NASA light technology that was intended for
experimental plant growth in space shuttle missions. It turned out that
the far red or near infrared light, when used in a treatment NASA called
High Emissivity Aluminiferous Luminescent Substrate (HEALS), helped
alleviate a very painful side effect of radiation and chemotherapy on
cancer patients. The space agency ran a two-year trial that resulted in
an encouraging 96% probability that reduced pain in cancer patients
suffering from side effects of their treatment benefitted from HEALS.
Pain relief was just the first step, however. As red light therapy grew to become a new health, wellness, and alternative treatment trend, enthusiasts have been discovering a lot of benefits and healthy advantages to the bright idea. NASA’s experiments showed that red light helped reduce pain because it helped promote healing. They were also quick to note that the therapy could also help in areas like better nutrition and morale for the patients undergoing treatment. The more obvious advantages also make this form of light therapy very attractive: it is non-invasive, has no associated stigmas, and could help alleviate stress like walks in the sunshine.
But Wait, is There Science Behind All Its Beneficial Claims?
Light therapy has been in use for quite a long time – it even outdates modern medical theory. Natural sunlight provides all its benefits because it is a full spectrum of light colors all rolled up into one. To better illustrate natural light’s health benefits, let us look at Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or winter depression.
SAD, while aggravated by stress and emotional pressure, is a seasonal depression triggered by lack of sunlight in winter. The obvious prescription is light therapy. For SAD, natural sunlight or emulated light therapy through a lightbox is best – both provide the full spectrum of white light. Red light therapy singles out red from the spectrum for its particular benefits.
Critics point out that there is no hard evidence to support red light therapy’s efficacy. Not yet, that is. NASA has proven that red light through HEALS works for healing wounds and reducing pain for cancer patients. Thousands of enthusiasts and practitioners of red light therapy are finding out more.
From Acne to Aging
With the amount of anecdotal evidence and testimonials circulating in the web, all that remains is to scientifically prove that red light is an anti-aging and an anti-acne therapy. ATP is not the only substance red light stimulates – it also promotes collagen, with the added bonus of clearing out clogged skin pores.
Acne loses two footholds against red light therapy, while aging and its damage on the skin are also dealt with efficiently with evident effects. With the ATP and collagen production levels boosted, among other benefits, red light is touted to reduce pain, help with better nutrition, increase morale, prevent and heal acne, and fight aging.
Better yet, red light does all this without a tinge of ultraviolet radiation. As mentioned earlier, the red light used in the therapy is far red or near infrared – infrared and ultraviolet light is directly harmful to the human body.
Bathing in Red Light
So how does a session of red light therapy go? Duration of therapy sessions depends on the health issue being addressed. The repetition of sessions and the intervals between cycles are also dependent on the severity of the concern. In general, practitioners tend to carry out 2 to 5 minute sessions where the LED equipment is held near the areas of concern between regular intervals for a certain length of time.
Red light therapy may still be in its developmental stages, but it already has a lot going for it in terms of being an alternative therapy with a potentially solid scientific foundation. We are sure to hear much more about it in the future, and probably not just in the areas of anti-aging and pain relief.